Academic Opening in EECS
Faculty Position for Assistant/Associate Professor In Computer Engineering
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Northwestern University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position for Assistant/Associate Professor in Computer Engineering position to start fall 2014.
This position is in Computer Engineering with emphasis on circuits and systems. Areas of interest include systems and circuits that enable exascale computing, low-power/energy-aware circuits, adaptive and robust circuits and systems, on-chip communication substrates, and circuits for emerging technologies. Exceptional candidates in other areas of Computer Engineering will also be given careful consideration.
A PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field is required, as is a clear track record of success in the area.
Successful candidate will be expected to carry out world class research, collaborate with other faculty, and teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Compensation and start-up package are negotiable and will be competitive.
Northwestern EECS consists of over 50 faculty members of international prominence whose interests span a wide range. Northwestern University is located in Evanston, Illinois on the shores of Lake Michigan just north of Chicago. Further information about the Department and the University is available at http://www.eecs.northwestern.edu and http://www.northwestern.edu/.
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by January 15, 2014. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, first read full upload instructions for this position below. Applicants will submit (1) a cover letter indicating rank applied for, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) at least three, but no more than five references (4) statements of research and teaching interests, and (5) two representative publications. Upload instructions are found at http://www.eecs.northwestern.edu. For general questions about the search or application assistance post submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of Northwestern University not to discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or other protected group status. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Please read the following in its entirety before starting the application process:
- Applications must be uploaded into the
- Required information is marked with an asterisk (*). Please prepare all required materials in advance, as you will need to upload these to complete your application.
- Avoid using special characters in file names such as parentheses, dashes, symbols, underscores, etc. when uploading documents into the application system. Encrypted documents are not supported by the system and will not upload.
- For files that cannot be compacted or are still too large after reducing, please upload an abstract with an online link included where it can be viewed in its entirety.
- Upload only the appropriate documents for each given category. Do not attach additional documents (i.e. personal statements, transcripts, etc.) to the CV, cover letter, statements, and/or papers.
- References will be contacted upon submission of your application. Applicants will receive updates from the system when recommendation letters are received.
- Email confirmation will be sent to applicants noting receipt of application if completed properly. Check spam/junk folders if you have not received a message.
Additional information about the application process is as follows:
- If changes are needed to an application after submission, then please contact email@example.com for assistance. Do not apply again through the online application system.
- General questions regarding the position or process may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specific questions regarding where an individual’s application sits in the search process will not be answered. Qualified applicants will be contacted either by email or phone if selected for an interview.
- Allow at least 24-48 business hours for a reply when sending inquires to the faculty application alias.