The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Northwestern University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position to start fall 2013 in the areas of communications, networking and control (including robotics) especially those that broaden the department in emerging areas or that strengthen existing areas. Exceptional candidates in related areas will also receive serious consideration.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out world class research, collaborate with other faculty, and teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Compensation and start-up package are negotiable and will be competitive.
Northwestern EECS consists of over 50 faculty members of international prominence whose interests span a wide range. Northwestern University is located in Evanston, Illinois on the shores of Lake Michigan just north of Chicago. Further information about the Department and the University is available at http://www.eecs.northwestern.edu and http://www.northwestern.edu.
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by December 1, 2012. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, first read the full upload instructions. Applicants will submit (1) a cover letter indicating rank applied for, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) at least three, but no more than five references (4) statements of research and teaching interests, and (5) two representative publications. For general questions about the search or application assistance post submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The aforementioned application materials may also be sent to:
CNC Faculty Search Committee
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Technological Institute, L359
2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of Northwestern University not to discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or other protected group status. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Please read the following in its entirety before starting the application process:
- Applications must be uploaded into the online application system or sent via regular mail if indicated as an option in the ad. Please do not send applications or supporting documents to the faculty search alias.
- Required information is marked with an asterisk (*). Please prepare all required materials in advance, as you will need to upload these to complete your application.
- Avoid using special characters in file names such as parentheses, dashes, symbols, underscores, etc. when uploading documents into the application system. Encrypted documents are not supported by the system and will not upload.
- For files that cannot be compacted or are still too large after reducing, please upload an abstract with an online link included where it can be viewed in its entirety.
- Upload only the appropriate documents for each given category. Do not attach additional documents (i.e. personal statements, transcripts, etc.) to the CV, cover letter, statements, and/or papers.
- References will be contacted upon submission of your application. Applicants will receive updates from the system when recommendation letters are received.
- Email confirmation will be sent to applicants noting receipt of application if completed properly. Check spam/junk folders if you have not received a message.
Additional information about the application process is as follows:
- If changes are needed to an application after submission, then please contact email@example.com for assistance. Do not apply again through the online application system.
- General questions regarding the position or process may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specific questions regarding where an individual’s application sits in the search process will not be answered. Qualified applicants will be contacted either by email or phone if selected for an interview.
- Allow at least 24-48 business hours for a reply when sending inquires to the faculty application alias.
|< Prev||Next >|