The EECS Department is housed in two adjacent buildings, 'Tech' and 'Ford,' and connected by a 2nd floor skybridge.
2145 Sheridan Road
2133 Sheridan Road
Parking on/near campus
Visitors, please request that a parking pass be mailed to you from your EECS host before arriving on campus, if possible.
If you have not arranged this ahead of time and you drive to campus without a parking pass, daily (same day) parking permits are available for purchase at an automated kiosk (credit card sales only) accessed from the north end of campus (on LARC Drive, see #108 on map legend or below), between the Sports and Aquatic Center and the Frances Searle building.
Free 2-hour street parking can usually be found on the neighborhood streets within two or three blocks from campus. Be careful not to overstay: after two hours a parking ticket will be issued by diligent City of Evanston meter agents. Read the posted signs carefully: street cleaning occurs every other week and they will tow your car (towing fee: $185)
- Directions to Northwestern's Evanston campus
- Evanston campus maps
- Directions inside the “Tech” building
When you arrive at O'Hare Airport, telephone any of the following taxicab companies after you get your luggage. These companies have a standard rate (approximately $40 + tip) from O'Hare to the Evanston campus; other cab companies do not necessarily have a standard rate. The one-way distance is 17.5 miles, about 45 minutes in average traffic.
Note: If you are making a day trip to NU campus, it is advisable to take a taxi cab from the airport and back, instead of renting a car.
$2.25; $5 into the city from O'Hare airport.
Directions from O'Hare:
- Follow signs to the CTA station and take the Blue Line toward Chicago.
- Change to the Red Line (toward Howard) or the Purple Line (this line is faster, but it's available during morning and evening rush hours only).
- Change trains at Howard to the Purple Line, unless you are already on the Purple Line, in which case stay put. Take care not to board the Yellow Line, aka the Skokie Swift!
- Ride to the Noyes stop (nearest to Tech). Walk Eastbound, toward the lake, four blocks to Tech (2145 Sheridan Road, at Sheridan and Noyes). Travel time about ~1.5 hours.
CTA Website (Info and Trip Planner): http://www.transitchicago.com/
Where to stay
We look forward to your visit!
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us at (847) 491-5410.